Friday, August 23, 2013

Getting to know ED

Hi! Howdy! Yo! Welcome! Hey! My name is the Epistemological Doorknob, but you can call me ED. Why the Epistemological Doorknob? I assure you, it has nothing to do with my having a deep, philosophical understanding of the inner workings of the fixtures in my apartment so much as it has to do with a late night, (probably drunken) game of euchre in college where little poetry word magnets were used to keep score and per my college best friend, Dorrie, I became the Epistemological Doorknob and have been ever since. You could argue that ED is also a suitable name  since I do suffer from erectile dysfunction. As a 34 year-old woman, I have yet to have an erection. Ever.

Let's make a long story short. I graduated in 2001 from Saint Mary's College in South Bend with the above-mentioned Dorrie as well as dozens of other phenomenal ladies. I obtained a B.A. in both Philosophy and Religious Studies. My career took some amazing twists and turns, but always in ministry of some sort. Fast forward to 2013. I am divorced and working in parish ministry at a tremendous Catholic parish where I work with terrific people. I have a cute little apartment in the suburb where I work and life is grand.

I recently realized how much of myself I had lost during my marriage. I became a shadow of the goofy, fun, happy, outgoing ED my friends & family know and love. Now that I have been Lord Voldemort-free for nearly two years, I am in an EXCELLENT place. My career is going well. I do things that I want without worrying what anyone but myself thinks. That's not to say I'm immoral or reckless. Nope. Just enjoying life and all the terrific things it has to offer.

So, this is a place for me to share about ED being ED. Whether it's career struggles, a homemade soap recipe turning my skin black (this hasn't happened yet, but stay tuned), a favorite recipe, or whatever latest adventure I created for myself, you never know what you'll find here. I hope you'll join me on this journey... wherever it takes us!

No comments:

Post a Comment