- Every three days or so I "wash" my hair. I brush all the tangles out before I get in the shower since I won't be using a traditional conditioner.
- I take a large, plastic tumbler and put in about 1 tbsp. of baking soda
- I fill the tumbler with warm water and pour it over my head (kinda swirl it around so the baking soda dissolves)
- I thoroughly scrub my scalp and rinse
- Pour about 2-3 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar (depends on the length of my hair at the time) in tumbler, add about a cup of warm water, swirl, and pour over my head
- I work this through my hair a bit and rinse
And hairspray? I make that! I rarely need it anymore. Now that I'm letting the natural oils in my hair do their work, my hair tends to hold its style better. But if I know my hair is going to get messed up or needs to stay nice longer, I can add some homemade hairspray. There are lots of great recipes online. My favorite is a simple one:
- Fill pot of water with 2 c. water
- Slice one (medium-sized) lemon and put in the pot
- Bring water to a boil and KEEP BOILING until mixture is reduced to about 1 c. liquid
- Let cool
- Strain and pour into spray bottle
- Add 1 tbsp. of rubbing alcohol
The other thing I do is brush my hair once or twice/day with a good, boar bristle brush. This helps distribute the natural oils and keeps my hair healthy. I hope you have fun trying the no poo method at some point in the near future!
No comments:
Post a Comment